At EY, our purpose is Building a better working world. The insights and quality services we provide help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Through our four integrated service lines — Assurance, Consulting, Strategy and Transactions, and Tax — and our deep sector knowledge, we help our clients to capitalize on new opportunities and assess and manage risk to deliver responsible growth. Our high-performing, multidisciplinary teams help them fulfil regulatory requirements, keep investors informed and meet stakeholder needs.
We believe a better working world is one where economic growth is sustainable and inclusive. We work continuously to improve the quality of all our services, investing in our people and innovation. And we’re proud to work with others – from our clients to wider stakeholders – to use our knowledge, skills and experience to help fulfil our purpose and create positive change.
Sustainability & Supply Chain
EY launched its carbon ambition in January 2021: to reach net zero in 2025 with a 40% reduction in our absolute GHG emissions across Scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions (against an FY19 baseline).
To reach net zero in 2025, we will continue to deliver on our seven-point plan to reduce our GHG emissions and become an even more sustainable organization:
1. Reduce business travel emissions by 35% by FY25 (against FY19 baseline)
2. Reduce overall office energy use and procure 100% renewable energy for remaining energy needs
3. Structure electricity supply contracts through virtual power purchase agreements, to add more electricity than EY consumes to the national grid
4. Enable EY teams to calculate and reduce the amount of carbon emitted during client work
5. Nature and science based projects that remove or offset more carbon than we produce
6. Require 75% of our suppliers, by spend, to set science based targets no later than FY25
7. Invest in services and solutions that help clients create value from decarbonising their businesses and provide solutions to other sustainability challenges and opportunities
Why a Member?
Decarbonization has ascended to the top of the global business agenda, ushering in a period of exponential growth in companies committing to net zero. More than 3,000 businesses and financial institutions have declared their intentions and are working with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) to reduce their emissions in line with climate science.
EY, alongside the other SBCC partners, want to help to encourage the momentum to build in Scotland as businesses transform their operations to support decarbonization. We know that there are parallel challenges for all business in Scotland and especially in the SME sector.
So in addition to supporting EY clients and suppliers on their decarbonization journeys, EY as an organization continues to use its convening power to bring like-minded organizations together to protect and create value from sustainability for business, society, and the planet.